Sunday is just way too close to Monday hence it’s a perfect day for comfort food. My husband usually cook (all the meals), so this morning I wanted to make him some American Pancakes as a reward 🙂
There are so many recipes out there (calling themselves the best pancake recipe) which made me kind of indecisive of which one to use. Pancakes are quite easy to make anyway so at the end I combined a few recipes hoping for the best results. This recipe is great if you don’t have any buttermilk or sour milk at home.
(recipe(s) from Allrecipes.com)
Serving: makes 8 pancakes
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
– 3/4 cup of milk (180 ml)
– 1 cup of all purpose flour (125g)
– 2tbs white vinegar
– 2tbs castor sugar
– 1tsp baking powder
– 1tsp baking soda
– 1tsp vanilla sugar
– 1/2tsp salt
– 1 egg
– 2tbs melted (and cooled) butter
– mixed berries, icing sugar and maple syrup
1. Mix the milk and vinegar together and let it set for 5-10 min. Thereafter add the egg and butter in the milk.
2. Mix all the dried ingredients in a mixing bowl and add it to the milk and whisk until smooth (don’t over stir/mix it or else the pancakes will become dense instead of fluffy).
3. Heat the frying pan to medium heat and spray it with a cooking spray (optional, I didn’t use any spray). Pour 2-3 tbs of batter onto the frying pan and flip over when bubbles appear on the surface and cook for 1-2 min or until the other side turns golden brown.
Do keep the pancakes in an oven (around 50 degrees C) until they’re ready to serve. Top the pancakes with berries, icing sugar, maple syrup or your any topping you prefer.